Friday, December 30, 2011

Gateway to Heaven - Pundaquit, San Antonio Zambales


I’ve been exploring the beaches of Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia for how many years now but at the end of the day is the humbling realization that right in our own province in the Philippines you will find one of the best beaches in Southeast Asia!  I’m a local of Zambales and I am proud to be a part of a place with such beauty!





Pundaquit  (or Pundakit)  is located in San Antonio, province of  Zambales.  Around an hour drive from my hometown (Olongapo City) and few hours from Manila, which is very accessible for city folks who wants a temporary escape without going too far.









Famous coves of San Antonio  like Anawangin and  Nagsasa Cove are not accessible by land.  Pundaquit is the gateway to both along with other islands and coves of San Antonio.

Pundaquit beach  is facing the South China Sea,  from the beach you will see on the opposite side both  Camara  and Capones Island 
Every year during my birthday I always make it special, it is my way of thanking God for giving me this chance to live this beautiful life and enjoy the things that I love. So this year along with some friends who are also celebrating their birthdays the same month, I encouraged them to celebrate it with me and our families at Anawangin Cove.  When we arrived in Pundaquit the place exceeded our expectation, our planned beach trip to Anawangin became an island hopping adventure!

Enjoy the pictures I took of Pundaquit:

The view you are going to enjoy on the way to Pundaquit.


Pundaquit is a fishing village, most of the time the beach is quite crowded, but we went there at the end of October 2011, right after the terrible storms that hit Luzon so we only found locals there and handful of  tourist when we arrived. Which I am thankful of! It is best to explore places with less crowd.


We paid P3,500 for our rented boat (for all 20 of us!), the  boat trip includes Pundaquit to Camara Island to  Capones Island to Anawangin Cove and pickup from Anawangin at the end of the day back to Pundaquit. It was well worth it!! 





I will be blogging about the 2 islands and Anawangin Cove on a separate post so you can enjoy the photos better, for now let me share these photos to tease your mind..

Camara Island, and that's me with my camera...
Capones Island
Anawangin Cove
on the way back to Pundaquit from Anawangin
Punadaquit from afar
sunset at Pundaquit after our send-off
It was too difficult for us to leave Anawangin, but we will come back again soon!!! We are planning to leave the kids behind so we can do mountain trekking at Anawangin and will visit Nagsasa Cove too! And I can't wait!!!

Pin It


28 comments:

  1. Wow, nice pictures! The view of Capones and Camara Island in Pundaquit are just amazing. Been there 2 years ago will be coming back this summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi thanks for dropping by!! yeah you should come back, I haven't tried Nagsasa Cove hope to explore it soon so I can post it here too. Check also my blog of Anawangin Cove.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pictures, they're relaxing.
    Zambales is indeed a beautiful place.
    How I wish I could also go there. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! i love the breathtaking view especially the photo of Capones Island! :) Beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice view!Philippines is really rich in natural resources. The government owes a lot to bloggers who are advertising these kind of places for free.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For fun in the Philippines talaga! I am planning to go to Anawangin with a friend, I gues syour post can help. And 3500 renting a boat for 20 persons is cheap! Damn! Saya! This makes me more excited.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great shot again, I wish I can learn how to took great pics like that

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful captures as always. Actually, every entry you have in here is always breathtaking and always an envy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've read about this place several times na ... it does look nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. again, nganga na naman aq sa ganda ng mga photos u! luv the colors and dynamics... i am planning to explore zambales up to north luzon this year;;

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful! I wonder why I never had the chance to wander around the Philippines when I was still there. Just beautiful. You really have an eye for perfect angle and light. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this place is really breathtaking.. I have been here two years ago.. and went there by hike.. it really was an experience

    ReplyDelete
  13. This particular post made me miss our trip in pundaquit . That's a paradise to me. Will soon be back

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sarap naman dito. I havent been to Zambales. Will include this in my list of to go places. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. been reading a lot about Zambales coz I am intrigue by the beauty of Nagsasa and Anawangin. Your post provide the added incentive with those lovely photos!!tempting and timely this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ... breathtaking!!!! your photos just makes me want to go!!! explore!!! now na!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. O hyeah. Anawangin is really becoming popular now, maybe because of it's accesibility from Manila like Tagytay..

    ReplyDelete
  18. The name Pundaquit is almost similar to my last name, Poliquit. :)) I've heard so much about these wonderful beaches and islands in Zambales, but it's a shame I've not been to any. I hope that ignorance ends this summer. Your photos look very inviting. And good that you've explored beaches in other SEA countries. At least that made you realize how our beaches are at par with or even exceed theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  19. we do have a lot of great beaches here in the philippines, just waiting for to be explored... mukhang nag-enjoy ka talaga, since you just can't wait to return... na-curious tuloy ako... hehe. Yahweh bless.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Philippines still has the best beaches in the world! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. ang daming mapuntahan sa zambales grabe. after ng pinatubo expect ko may nadamage pero ganda pa rin

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kagaganda ng mga places na are! Lalo na yun sumulat!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ganda ng Zambales! Haven't been there since 5 years ago. Maybe I'll go there this summer for a vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Miss Vivi....great pics....

    When you went there how was the wave? October pa naman yun db...monsoon season pa i think... Kasi lots of people who've been there gave this impressison na nakakatakot ang alon...

    Meme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thanks for dropping by! Actually I went there 2 weeks ago, this time destination is Nagsasa cove and they are right Kahit ako natakot the waves are crazy! This april I think calm na ang water anyway do you have a contact there so you can check before you go Kung ok ang alon. No problem when you go to the coves kasi calm waters dun, the problem is on the way there. If Andun na kayo and maalon just go to anawangin that's the nearest one to Pundaquit, Nagsasa masyadong malayo which means matagal kang magdadasal for God to calm the water! Hehe ;) and Hindi din kayo makaka island hopping pag maalon.

      Delete
  25. wow! as in wow talaga!..
    yeah marami talagang magaganda dito sa pinas we just have to explore it..

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice place! Maraming places na talaga na maganda dito sa pinas! I super love the last photo! SUNSET <3

    ReplyDelete
  27. indeed great photos dear! i agree one of the best still in philippines! xx

    ReplyDelete