Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Port Dickson, Malaysia



Port Dickson  (PD  to locals) is one of the most accessible seaside destination from Kuala Lumpur and Klang Valley.  It is located in the state of Negeri Sembilan in Peninsular Malaysia,  situated about 32 km west of Seremban and 90 km from Kuala Lumpur, just  an  hour drive from KL  which makes it accessible for city folks to escape from the hustle and bustle of KL.





The Beach:


PD’s beaches are not confined in just one area, the whole stretch of the road runs along the coastline.  It is well-served by hotels, rest houses, transient apartment units and condominiums.









The port was built in 1847 to control the lucrative tin trade in the area. In the vicinity of the port are the remains of an old place and a royal burial ground.





Pin It


15 comments:

  1. Nice shots. I'd love to go there. It doesn't look too crowded, despite the surrounding buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that it's not too crowded, despite the surrounding buildings :). I wish I could go there too someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like there are so many water activities there. It must have been fun at Port Dickson.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever I see your pics of awesome places you've been to, I tell myself, I'm missing out on a lot. One day, Vivs, one day, I just might pack my bags and go places, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once I get to Singapore, I will make time to go to KL! I know I've told you this before, but your blog is one of my favorite travel blogs. Your posts are great motivations for people to start traveling more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice photo and place. I wish someday na makarating din ako dito :-).

    ReplyDelete
  7. The place looks so inviting, it makes me wish I could see it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks really picturesque....and the weather seems really nice, not so cold nor warm! perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmm, looks like the love birds are having lover's quarrel, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is a nice location and place to stay... as you say, a beach line near condo, hotels and apartments... very convenient. Yahweh bless.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really hope that one day I'd be able to have my own feature about this place matched with my own photos as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Malaysia , Truly Asia. I just missed a trip to Malaysia last month. My friends went there for a three days vacation with our close friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Travelling to other country is a dream come true, hopefully i can go there sooner..

    ReplyDelete
  14. many a time i chance upon comment from filipinos comparing port dickson beach to beaches in philippines for not being as nice. Yes, for the uninitiated, PD doesnt have the nicest beach, or refined white sand like boracay island beach. It's the last resort or the quickest for people from KL to go for a beach getaway

    ReplyDelete