Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Floating City of Venice


Venice or Venezia for the Italians is the Capital of Veneto region in northern Italy and is one of the most beautiful and most romantic cities in the world. For year 2011, Venice was included in the Travelers’ Choice of 2011 as one of the Top 25 Destinations in the World (Trip Advisor).

Venice is famous for its canals; it has 121 islets linked by 435 bridges, famous also for its stunning architecture and artworks . Aside from being known as “The Floating City”, it is also well-known as  “City of Water”, “City of Masks” , “City of Canals “ and “City of Bridges”.





Exploring the Grand Canal on board a Water Taxi


Piazza San Marco or San Marco Square - is the heart of Venice, home to great monuments  and an important meeting place for the locals of Venice.




Exploring the Streets of Venice:







Exploring the city thru their famous Gondola

What's a visit to Venice without trying their famous gondola? Gondola is a long narrow flat-bottomed boat used for centuries in Venice.  Today these iconic boats are still being used as public transport in the city specially for tourists.




Transportation to Venice:

Venice is accessible by plane (Marco Polo airport), or by train by stopping at Santa Lucia Train Station or buses. 
Tourist Information:
Tourist Information Center or Office are located at train station and at St Mark's Square.


For more pictures of Venice please visit this link.



Pin It


24 comments:

  1. From Jeff,

    Venice is a great city and the pictures are top notch. I always feel though that the city is going to sink. Hopeully not anytime soon. Keep up the good work:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ONE OF MY DREAM DESTINATIONS. :) happy trails. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your just too lucky seeing those :D
    wish i could too ( as i always says whenever I visited your blog )
    I love the pictures of Venice at night ..
    the light reflects on water that gives a beautiful effects for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you you are able to see this incomparable city. There are endless subjects for photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm been dreaming to come in this place a long time ago but maybe soon i'll be there in a wonderful place of Venice.. great photos

    ReplyDelete
  6. me too its my dream destination! i also like those blowing glass maker... nagpaturo ka sis how to do it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everytime I visit this blog, it makes me turn so green in jealousy. All these places featured here are just what anybody would like to visit. Such a blessed life. Somehow, I'm blessed to know of these from here. Thanks. I'm looking forward to the next destination you are going to share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maraming salamat!! hindi naman uyy.. lahat naman tayo blessed in so many ways! ;)

      Delete
  8. I really envy you Ms. Violy. I want to visit Venice too. Hopefully, within my lifetime I can see the floating city for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Violy, Thanks for this tour & as always, wonderful photographs. Brings back memories. Luckily I had opportunity to get ashore there but sadly forgot my cam on ship. Would love to go back some day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kanwar! Thanks for visiting my blog!! ;)

      Delete
  10. venice, one of my dream places. hope i get a chance to visit it. people must really look at the issue of global warming seriously... so we won't lose a nice place such as this. Yahweh bless.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, nice views and pics! thanks for sharing. I haven't been to Venice but I think it's a breathtaking place.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Just wow!

    the whole place is indeed surrounded with water!

    You're very lucky to be able to go there! Seems fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. if i get a chance to visit venice with my family... i'll definitely grab it. lovely romantic place. thanks for sharing. Yahweh bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Ralph! Thanks for dropping by. ;)

      Delete
  14. Thanks for that wonderful virtual tour. I'm glad I came here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks too Nancy for dropping by my blog. ;)

      Delete
  15. Wow!! I just had a great evening with these pictures!! thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is nice to know Ali! Thank you so much for dropping by my blog! ;)

      Delete
  16. i really want to go here.. it will great with all those architecture

    ReplyDelete
  17. I Stumbled on your site and I read some posts. All amazing !!! Venice is certainly wonderful!! I'm still visiting Venice often and you described it very well. My favorite thing to do in Venice is escaping the tourism crowd. Getting lost in the unknown alleys or taking a tour to the other islands in the lagoon. I'd like to visit your blog again. Thanks... Rudmer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! I always enjoy knowing people are appreciating my posts. Please do come back again and most of all, enjoy your travels! ;)

      Delete