Thursday, November 24, 2011

Photography: a self-expression


Do you own a camera? Everybody owns a camera nowadays. Anybody can take a picture of a landscape, a flower, a bug or any subject...  for me we don’t need an expensive camera to take a good photo.  Photography for me is a self-expression; it is one’s way of conveying a message, of putting our imagination into something tangible.




I am a fixed lens camera user. From my regular digicam I upgraded to my Panasonic DMC-FZ35 2 years ago which allows me to use full manual settings and I  am glad to say that I am happy camper! 


Colosseo at Rome, one of my favorite shot, will tell you why on a separate blog.. 
A lot of new upgrades came out but my camera still delivers so I'm not yet tempted to upgrade or own a DSLR like most people.  Why? Because for me camera is just a tool.  What drives me is that moment when you are alone with your subject , time momentarily stops, the world around me is at a pause and all you can hear is your heartbeat and the elation it brings you to capture that scene before your very eyes...  priceless! Moments like those always leaves me teary eyed, and I don't want to ruin it by bombarding my mind with technical aspects of photography like worrying what  lens to use and carrying all those heavy camera gadgets instead of enjoying the scene! Urgh! 

Well that's just me for now...  And a free DSLR is most welcome..  ;-)

Enjoy some of my sample shots..  expect more to come!!

Angkor Wat, Cambodia
my trial shot of water droplet..
stolen shot of my super "hyper" 4 yrs old niece.. filed under black & White photography
 Walkway At Vatican CIty, Vatican
Port Dickson, Malaysia
City Hall, Saigon
my stock photography days....  one of my picture approved by Dreamstime..;-)
my try at macro shot

Thanks for viewing! Smiley  


Check also my other photography challenges!
-Macro Photography
-Love Through my Lens
-Pet Photography
-Portraits





Pin It


43 comments:

  1. love ur shots!! - tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. ang gaganda ng shots mo,panalo lalo na yung 1st pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ganda ng mga photos, nice photos;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the first photo. galing naman! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I keep om using the open ID but the system seems unable t recognize it. Anyway, what I said was in my previous comment, though I'm not a photographer myself, I must say that you've got keen eyes.

      Delete
  6. I love all of your photos! galing parang kuha ng pro! hihi Especially the first second and last! galing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice. Espcially the night photos. I am a fqn of colorful lights and how they appear on pictures. You,re really good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ilike your photography skills , Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice photos! Ang pro!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that water droplet shot! Try ko nga... Hihi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah try it... Kapagod Lang and messy!! ;-)

      Delete
  11. great shots! i will try to do the same sa last one , macro shot... nice talaga !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I have a blog abt sample macro shots check it out when u get the chance..sorry I can't seem to find a way to paste it here! Lol! Hehe..

      Delete
  12. you really took great shots. are you a photographer by prof? Yahweh bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ralph thanks! I'm not really a photographer i just like taking photos... And I'm just using a compact camera! ;-)

      Delete
  13. cool shots... photography ois really diverse as seen in your amazing photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Most point and shoot camera now has the same quality as of DLSR. Panasonic has a lot of p&s cams that captures brilliant pictures even better than Nikon and Canon DSLRs. I'm a DSLR user but yes, I agree, it's quite heavy and not very convenient to carry for trips. But if you are a serious/professional photographer then you really need one. But for hobbyists like us, we can settle for a small p&s and sometimes photoshop can do the job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julie! Maintaining a dslr is so expensive too... One lens cost a fortune! I can go on a week holiday with that price! Hehe... Nah I'm sticking to my compact camera + traveling... Lol.. Hehe ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. awesome photos! and the macro shoot is terrific! mahirap kaya yan.. hehehe keep on posting more !

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow! ang galing magkuha ng photo! baka pwedeng turuan mo ako soon?

    ReplyDelete
  18. and that is pure talent! galing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like your positive attitude towards photography, though you're not a profesional one. You're right in your claim that it is the moment of capturing anything under your reach for posterity. A camera is just an instrument to hold those moments in picture.

    Nice pictures. They are vivid and candid.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Galing talaga ng Panasonic Leica lens! I also have a Panasonic P & S Cam and they never failed me.

    http://travel-on-a-shoe-string.blogspot.com/2010/10/sultan-omar-ali-saifuddin-mosque.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. These shots are not taken by a DSLR? You're kidding! I mean I'm impressed by your know-how of photography to come up with photos that made it to Dreamstime. Congratulations. I really am thrilled by your visual expression.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Galing mo. It's true naman talaga that the quality of a pic is with the taker, not with the tool. Talagang may talent ka!

    ReplyDelete
  23. nicely done. Loved the shot of the Colosseum. Reminded me of my visit to Rome as well.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The quality of photos does not depend on the gadget. It depends on the photographer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great photos, I especially love the one in Saigon. I'm still trying to learn full manual photography and your photos really inspire me to take more photos.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice photos you have there. I have a DSLR and it took me more than a year (and a basic photography class) to have the limited photography skills I have now. I still have a lot to learn, I know. My cam's 2 years old already but I'm not upgrading to a latest model. As some photo enthusiasts say, "It's the Indian, not the bow and arrow" that makes a photo stand-out.

    Hope you can visit my blog: Cine Say Ko

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ganda! I love city scape shots! :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nice shots!... i'm planning to buy a camera now.. actually i'm having a hard time choosing what model should i buy hehehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  29. Super ng Panasonic Leica lens and of course galeng kumuha ng pictures ni Violy!

    ReplyDelete
  30. your niece's stolen photo for the win!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love all your photos! Ang galing galing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love everything here but my personal favorite is that of your niece and the Saigon Hall. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  33. super nice...lalo na ang droplet..di pa talaga DSLR gamit nyan, anoh?galing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. i find water droplet shots amazing. i never captured a good one. hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great shots! I really want to learn the water droplet shot.

    ReplyDelete
  36. can you teach me how to do the drop shot? i really like it. good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Vi, hands down to you... You got the skill :) Can I say more?

    ReplyDelete