Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Mount Mat Chinchang, Langkawi Island at its best!

Have  you been to Langkawi Island? Langkawi is one of the best known holiday destination in  Malaysia and also known as the duty-free island. It is a part of the state of Kedah, which is adjacent to Thailand border, an archipelago of 104 islands scattered in the Andaman Sea. Langkawi  is the first in south-east asia to be awarded the status of a Geopark by UNESCO.

I went to Langkawi with a group of friends, expecting to enjoy one of the best beaches in Malaysia but ended up enjoying the Cable car Ride to Mount Mat Chinchang  !


Mount Mat Chinchang Langkawi Island, Malaysia
   Langkawi Cable Car
    source: http://www.panoramio.com/photo/49884644
Mount Mat Chinchang Langkawi Island, Malaysia
Overlooking the Base Station


You should not missed this place when you visit Langkawi. It is located at the Oriental Village in the upper nortwest of Langkawi island near Pantai KokLangkawi Cable Car is the "Longest Free Span Single Rope Cable Car"  by the Malaysia Book of Records with 919.5 meters in length and one of the steepest gradient works in the world at 42 degrees. 
Mount Mat Chinchang Langkawi Island, Malaysia


Their cable car has 2 stations and both offers a viewing deck for you to  take in all of Langkawi. The middle station is about 650 meters above sea level and  a 15 minutes cable ride from the base  station, on your way to the top you will enjoy  the view of the lush forest, the Andaman sea, the Seven Wells (Telaga Tujuh)  waterfall  and limestone mountain.

Mount Mat Chinchang Langkawi Island, Malaysia

You will surely enjoy the "almost" vertical ride to the top and a feeling of travelling to heaven because you can't see anything on top of you but an empty space! It isn't called the steepest  for nothing and the ride was seriously nerve wrecking specially to someone who is scared of heights like me!

Mount Mat Chinchang Langkawi Island, Malaysia

The top station  is 708 meters above sea level, a short walk from the top station is  2 viewing platforms which is the highest peak of the trip. It provides a 360 degrees panoramic view of Langkawi island and southern Thailand.

Mount Mat Chinchang Langkawi Island, Malaysia
can't resist to take a picture at the Skybridge... ;-)

I may not have enjoyed the beach of Langkawi but I will surely treasure this cable car adventure! It’s a Rm30 well spent!! I will surely miss you Mount Mat Chinchang!
SkyBridge at Mount Mat Chinchang Langkawi Island, Malaysia
The SkyBridge






Pin It


32 comments:

  1. From Jeff,

    The cable car looks very inviting and the possibility for panoramic shots are enormous. would be a nice place to visit:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!That was a Wonderful travel! Great Place.. hope to it it soon:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely ride that cable car if ever I have a chance to go to Malaysia. Nerve wrecking, hey thats the rush that makes it more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone!! To anonymous, you will surely love the rush specially the trip down! It's like "free falling!! "

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, how much is your budget for this trip? looking forward to try this one. thanks. ~ Jek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jek! actually the only expensive one is the ticket. you have to travel to KL then KL to Langkawi, Airasia regulary provides promo ticket so make sure to check every now and then. Hotels, you can book it together with your ticket (airasia) they are affordable too.

      Delete
  6. Love the photos! I've only ridden a cable car once when I was in Singapore :) Love the feeling of being super high above the ground and seeing almost everything.. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cable car was awesome. I hope we have something like that here in the Philippines with a nice view. Maybe Tagaytay? or Antipolo? somewhere with a very captivating view of either a city or nature.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just looking at your fotos makes my heart race. Hahahaha It's the same feeling I get when I'm looking down the from a very high building. Instant adrenaline rush :) That view is just awesome though! I think I'll brave for the sake of that view!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats perfect! You can captured nice scenery there whilst riding the cable car. I like the views. Absolutely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love cable cars! I would love to experience the 360 degree view of Langkawi too! http://travel-on-a-shoe-string.blogspot.com/2012/01/ba-nois-fresh-flavors-of-vietnam.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow i like the extraordinary adventure i hope someday mapuntahan ko din to. Kaya lang parang scary ang cable car. I think of so many bad things pag cable car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chino! thanks for dropping by, yeah ako din actually kung puede lang mag backout.. hehe. naubos boses ko kakasigaw I'm not expecting it to be that steep and I have issues with heights kasi. but it's a very unusual experience for but I had fun!

      Delete
  12. The cable car looks scary but the place looks lovely :) Any other activities or things to do in Langkawi? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carmel! Actually there's so much to do in Langkawi, aside from beach activities, you will enjoy architecture of their famous mosque, nature park, theme park, wildlife park, cruise and underwater world. It's a duty free island also so you can do shopping! ;)

      Delete
  13. why can't we have one of this in the philippines... sadly, i know the answer (lol). ang ganda naman dito... amazing view, amazing heights. Yahweh bless.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm deathly scared of cable cars but the place looks really nice. I'll just stay on the bridge where its safe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. im afraid of heights but kaya siguro kung ganito kaganda ang place..

    ReplyDelete
  16. never try this when I was in KL...thanks for sharing...

    Jinkee Umali of www.calamba-online.com and www.livelifefullest.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so jealous I've never riden a cable car before. It looks veryhigh though and I'm afraid of heights.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Riding cable cars is on my bucket list. I'm usually scared of heights so I want to conquer that fear! LOL

    My bro has been to Malaysia and Singapore, and he said I'd enjoy staying in MY too 'cause it'll still feel like the Philippines. So, I'm really looking forward to that! :)

    Lovely photos, btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I had a chance to visit Malaysia especially in the island Labuan called as duty free island which is similar in Langkawi. I'm confused. Do they have the same title as duty free island? Anyways, Malaysia is a beautiful place especially in their preservation of natural resources. Your photos showed that you really enjoyed the trip. I'm planning to visit again in Malaysia with my wife soon and will consider as our options to pass Langkawi. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roi! Actually Labuan is a duty free island too. Yeah Malaysia is so huge and too many places to explore, my favorite so far is Penang, haven't blog about it though hopefully soon! ;-) thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  20. Beautiful shots! I want to try the cable car too but Ill probably freak out first because Im scared of heights. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so scared of heights, but I bet that cable car ride is exhilarating and fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am afraid of heights! and just reading your post makes me nervous hahaha but I want to try the almost vertical ride and got a chance to walk on the bridge :) sana lang di ako mamatay sa takot hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'd love to try riding cable cars, too! I haven't been to Malaysia, but I would love to go there with my family for a vacation. Visiting from Delight My Appetite: http://www.delightmyappetite.com/2012/01/a-sizzling-dinner-at-sizzlin-pepper-steak/

    ReplyDelete
  24. if ganyan kataas sis di ko na magaggawa pang magpicture taking, great post sis

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! You're too brave enough to dare riding on this cable car. The height is too high. Have you not experienced just a single fear of heights?

    ReplyDelete
  26. ganda ng view..the mountains are still green..untouched!

    ReplyDelete
  27. i waqnna try this! Looks fun yet scary! Haha hindi ba nakakatakot? Nice shot by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I heard about Langkawi before since I think it was a site of one of the Ironman (Swim Bike Run) event but seeing and reading your post made me appreciate the island better.

    ReplyDelete