Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Vivi's Bridge Camera Challenge : Flower Photography

Are you a nature lover? The site of a blooming flower, the beautiful play of colors, the smell of fresh air and just the feeling of being one with nature.. priceless right? If you are a photo enthusiast, just capturing the color of these flowers will satisfy your appetite to snap, snap and snap more! The best part of it is that you don't have to travel far, you can do this in your own backyard. 

Challenges with Flower Photography:
1) Lighting- natural light is always the best but if the light is restricted it would be a problem, you need to improvise.
2) Weather - if it's too windy it would be hard to get a good and clear picture.

For flower photography you are required to have :
1) Any camera with macro mode or settings
2) Tripod may come handy
3) Patience.. patience.. patience and take as many photos as you can!
4)  Post editing, just minor editing will do, cropping, minor color  adjustment like saturation or lighting it up a bit or trying it out in black and white or sepia. Just basically a trial and error.

Check some of my shots:


For more shots please check this link.

So, did my camera got a passing grade? How about me the photographer?? Be kind to me please..   Smiley


Like what I always say, we don't need an expensive camera to enjoy photography so try it out, have fun and enjoy!!

Pin It


16 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I wish I could take pictures like that, I only have a digicam at the moment and keeps on experimenting on its settings yet still I cannot take a pro-shot on my objects, i always fail lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms Joy! Just keep on experimenting sooner or later you'll realize your shots are improving. goodluck on your photography Ms Joy! ;)

      Delete
  2. you should see my flower photography too, though I'm just a newbie hehe

    :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already did! ;) I think 2 weeks ago, can't recall but I have left a comment. keep on shooting! ;)

      Delete
  3. If I could grade your shots here, it would be A+ -- my honest rate.
    I also love nature but I'm still stocked indoors at the moment.
    As for the photographer, photos won't exist without photographer aren't they? :D
    I'll give you an A+ too.
    Cheers! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos and I agree you don't have to have an expensive camera to take photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually wanted to buy a Lumix P&S but it was too expensive for me, so I settled for the Nikon P300 instead. And I was quite happy with the result of the photos from the P&S camera. Anyhow, you can really pass for a photographer, Vivi! Your shots are clear & crisp, which also shows the flowers vibrancy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all great shots. I agree, take lots of photos - from different angles, using different settings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you took these shots, lovely. i'm a nature lover myself and i would love to take pics if given a chance, just haven't done this yet... i'll keep these in mind. thanks. Yahweh bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i always love your photographs te Violy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the shots! :) wish I can take photos like that. Super pulido ang pagkakakuha! :) Galing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Violy, these are perfect shots. I would love to be familiar with the names of the flowers tho. Wish you could include their names in your next collection. Sure, there are others who are not familiar with their names, too. ;)Nevertheless, awesome collection!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YOu are good at it. My father is a photographer. I still can remember he did what you are doing now. He loves nature so much... Keep doing it with passion and you will go far !!! basta dahan dahan para naman ma-reach pa kita ha ... haha :D

    ReplyDelete