Thursday, January 19, 2012

Boracay Island, Philippines- One of the Best Beaches in the World

white Beach, Boracay

If someone will ask you to jot down your personal choice of the World's Best Beaches, what would be on your list?... hmmmm maybe you will include a beach from Cancun? Grand Cayman? Jamaica? Dominican Republic? Maldives? Bora-bora? Hawaii? Pinoys are so proud that our Boracay is mostly on the top of the list. Hooray Boracay!!

Boracay is a small tropical paradise island in Aklan province in the Central Visayas region, Philippines. Measuring only at 4.5 miles long, it is world famous for its white powdery sand. 

White Beach is Boracay's most famous beach, 3 km of white fine sand, a home to so many resorts from backpacker to high-end hotels, restaurants, shopping malls,clubs , water /island activities, you name it they have it.

You wanna know why White Beach is the best beach in Boracay?? I won't say much about White Beach, this time let my pictures do the talking... 

The Beach: 

White Beach, Boracay

White Beach, Boracay

White Beach, Boracay

White Beach, Boracay Island

Below Picture: Virgin Mary's Grotto at Willy's Rock on the left and the walkway connecting White Beach to Diniwid Beach on the right.

White Beach, Boracay Island Philippines

and don't forget trees! even if the place is crowded, they still have a lot of trees in Boracay...



The Sand

I have taken the following photos to compare the sand in Station 1 , 2 and 3.. (yeah I had that much time to walk from end to end.... Smiley sand at farthest part of station 3

White Beach, Boracay Island Philippines

White Beach, Boracay Island Philippines
sand at station 2
White Beach, Boracay Island Philippines
sand at station 1
now tell me which one is the whitest of them all???

The famous Boracay sunset:

I was there for 6 days and 5 nights in the month of October-November, my camera is always ready  for the famous sunset but alas!  if it's not raining it's cloudy! so these are the only pictures of sunset I was able to capture.. not much but I still love them..


Boracay Sunset

the famous boracay sunset


People Watching:

I love watching kids, they're carefree and so innocent. Just watching them already relaxes me.. better than a spa!  Enjoy some of the shots I took of super cute kids:


I love the picture of this couple , I think they are newly weds! They're just so sweet!!And these 3 ladies showcasing their henna tattoo...


I took a lot of pictures of ladies in their bikinis, but nah I'm not going to post them here.. my facebook friends enjoyed their photos but sorry the only lady you will see here in her bikini is me.. hehe!Smiley



With is a special lady I met in Bora.. Tita Sonia!  We are both solo travellers..


The famous fire dance at Station 2:

fire dance at Boracay

fire dance at Boracay



Well Boracay offers so much more than White Beach, check my blog also of other must visit places/beaches in Boracay: 



How to  go to Boracay Island:

Take a flight to either Caticlan or Kalibo airport from major airports in the Philippines, there are so many airlines that offer cheap flights all the time (your options:  Seair, Zestair, Cebu Pacific, Philippine Airlines, AirPhil and AirAsia).  Land travel from Kalibo to Caticlan is at least an hour but the flight rates are of course cheaper.  Either way you can have a land  arrangement with your hotel or you can take public transport available direct to Caticlan’s jetty port.  At Boracay’s Cagban Jetty port, there are a lot of tricycles available that can send you to your hotel.  And the next thing you just have to do is relax and enjoy!



Pin It


37 comments:

  1. I will always love the Our Beaches! Nothing compares! Thanks for sharing those pic... Ganda ganda ng mga shots mu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ang ganda! I havent been to Boracay :( How much ang budget ba dito? Hopefully, this summer makapunta na ako.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naku parating may promo Cebu pacific abang ka Lang, hotels dami namang Mura u can easily find one within your budget. Food Mura Lang naman du. And may malls na din dun Kahit mga fast food marami... Go go go ka na! ;-)

      Delete
  3. great post.. still have to go to this place.. we are planning to go here this year.. hope matupad hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not surprised that Boracay is one of the best beaches in the world. It truly is beautiful there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Proud of Boracay! No. 2...yay! :) I love Boracay too....for me, it's No 1 (love your own!) :) I'm so excited, we'll visit January 31. Few more days, and we'll be in Paradise. :)

    Best Regards!
    Des of chicsassymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww good for you!! enjoy Bora!!! ;-)

      Delete
  6. Indeed Boracay is one of the best beaches in the world. From powderly sand to cristal clear water and beauty. They deserve such title. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never been to boracay and this post made me wanna include it on my bucketlist for 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures!! :) Boracay Island is one of the BEST!

    Ive been to Boracay, twice lang ata. Kalungkot naman.. ang lapit-lapit ko lang, twice lang ako napadpad sa isla. LOL.. Nasa Iloilo lang ako eh.

    My friends and I, we have plans of going to Boracay this May. I dunnno kung matutuloy. But I sure hope so. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the photos! Anyway, I like beaches but I've never been to Boracay. I hope I can pay it a visit this year. Palawan is also in my bucketlist.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ganda! sana makapunta ko jan someday. Cool pics. Kakainggit naman.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sis napaka sexy mo naman nakakainggit, by the way I love all your photos

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool photos sis...
    I can't await see myself in Boracay ... for the meantime Bora at Kuwait muna tayo.

    Btw I like your sexy photos here.

    Thanks for lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. those kids are cute .they don't care about the world as long as they enjoys what their doing .i love Bora.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Same here, I love to sink my foot in the sand. You have nice photos partnered with a wonderful trip! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice blog u got here... seeing your post about Boracay makes me want to go there now hehehe... definitely be on my list to visit during my Phil vacation... (Eigroj Stain)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Im going there this summer! I hope it is still number 2 by then. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow at pang 2nd pala ang boracay! Hope makabalik dyan! ganda naman Talaga ng mga beaches natin dito sa Pinas at isa talaga ang boracay sa may pinakamaganda at pinong buhangin.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I always stay @ station 1 kasi mas pino sand po doon!

    http://travel-on-a-shoe-string.blogspot.com/2012/01/take-charge-of-your-own-happiness.html?utm_source=BP_recent

    ReplyDelete
  19. Boracay is indeed beautiful. It's heaven on earth.

    ReplyDelete
  20. planning to go there this April...i'll gonna bookmark ur post!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I went to bora when I was 13 years old..didn't appreciate it much because all thought that time that it was just another beach. But this time, i hope after i graduate, i'll be able to go on a vacation there as a treat. :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. makakapunta rin ako dito hahahaha... sana this year

    ReplyDelete
  23. I haven't yet go to Boracay.Hopefully this coming summer season I been there.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Marami akong kakilala na pupunta sa bora! Wew

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely Great pics! Reminds me of what a great country the Philippines Islands are! Can't wait to go again!

    ReplyDelete
  26. And yet there are more spots in the Philippines you have to explore there lots and lots of places this land can offer and be proud of millions of Filipinos.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Boracay is magnificently beautiful. I just hope the local government will protect and preserve its beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  28. if it wasnt for your post, i wouldn't have known im spending my 3rd day here in the 2nd best beach in the World!!! wow! that just made my 2 more days of stay here sweeter! Great post and pics!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Boracay is really one of the best place I have ever been. A very informative and interesting blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. still dreaming of going there. I'm persuading my foreigner classmates here to go to our country and check out Boracay but they're shocked on how long is the travel time from here in Germany to there. Haha!
    ~OnlineBiz and Resources

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks a lot for this beauty Enjoying article with me. I am appreciating it very much! Looking Forward to Another Great article. Good luck to the Author! All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow that was unuѕual. Ӏ just wгοtе аn іncrеԁibly long commеnt but after I clicked submit my сomment didn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not wrіting аll that over agaіn.

    Regarԁless, juѕt wаntеԁ tο say fantastіc blоg!



    Ηavе a look at my sіtе: Gazeteleг
    - -

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is good beach but I don't think this is the best beach of Philippine. Philippine have a large no of beaches and they all are goods and prefer able to visit.

    ReplyDelete