Monday, May 7, 2012

Vivi's First Tattoo from Bali, Indonesia



I am an avid fan of  Miami Ink and LA Ink simply because of Kat Von D, she has an extraordinary talent! I find her pretty beyond those tattoos all over her body. I am also fascinated with the drama of people's reason for putting their tattoo, behind every design, every pain of putting a marking on their body is a story, either inspired by a painful past or to commemorate a special date or a person.

I am not against people putting markings on their body, though traditional families like what we have in the Philippines are not so keen about it, good thing my parents don't mind. Both my brothers have tattoos, so I don't really mind putting a permanent one in my body if I feel like it but not for now.

Meet my brother..  he has tattoos also in his lower arm and legs.


and here's my first attempt at henna tattoo during my recent trip to Bali:

                                                 
                                                 my first ever tattoo.... loved it!!

Is tattoo an art for you? However we approach tattooing is our own prerogative. God gave us free will to decide, and for me it is an art but everything overdone is no longer beautiful. I have seen a lot on TV with tattoos all over their body and even their whole face! Wow! But who are we to judge right? As long as they are comfortable with their skin, let them be. Peace everyone! And let's not complicate life by arguing, life is supposed to be enjoyed! Cheers!






Pin It


25 comments:

  1. some people see tattoos as an art and a way of expressing themselves. i, on the other hand, is not that keen on getting those permanent ones. a temporary tattoo, like the one you had, would be exciting to try.

    dropping here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tattoos and for me I don't usually judge those people having tattoos on their bodies. Although I also want to try it but not the permanent one, henna is my only option though. Just dropping by here.

    http://www.sheldontracy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks ugly if the whole body is tattos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good on your back.
    I have no tattoo and I seem to have no
    plans of having one. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Marri! yeah It's not easy to start liking it actually coz we are not used to it, I'm ok with it as long as its not overdone.

      Delete
  5. love your henna tattoo! parang gusto ko din!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Violy! Astig ng tattoo mo!!! Love it! AKo naman, I already have three. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow you have 3! that's amazing Mai! ;)

      Delete
  7. I love tattoo also. Its another level of expression. Some prefer to have tattoo for identity purposes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maganda sana kung mapatatoo pero bawal sa trabaho eh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see tattoo as a form of art and as an expression of oneself. I admire them as well for enduring the pain in the process, it hurts right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I only got to know Kat Von D because she dated Nikki Sixx. I don't mind tattoos on people, even on women. Just not overdone, like you said.

    ReplyDelete
  11. no permanent tattoo for me, henna is fine but i don't mind people wearing them as long as they look gorgeous on them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am considering this before because its so sexy until I saw an old woman that have tattoo then it change my mind, but yours are sexy now I am considering it again

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love tattoos too but I think I would not have one because we're not allowed to have it on school.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have nothing against people having permanent ink on their body. It's their body and it's their choice what to have and not have on it. I respect people who loves tattoos and have nothing against them.

    I also watch L.A Ink at times but not a huge fan of Kat.

    Oh... so that's a henna tattoo on you? Ever plan on getting a permanent one?

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a cute one! I'm ok with henna tatts but not the real one. My fear of needles and pain gets on the way all the time! =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. after my not so good experience with black henna tattoo, i'll stay away from it...and i don't think i'll get a permanent one either...

    but i'd love to go to bali ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've always wanted to try a henna tattoo but I'm scared that my skin might have a negative response to it. *sigh* Face paint na lang. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love where your tattoo is :) if it was me, the tattoo wouldn't look as good as yours because i'd keep moving since it will tickle . lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. How long will that stay there? (I assume it is temporary and will wash off?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Janette, yeah mine is just henna, it will stay for 2 weeks. Thanks for dropping by! ;)

      Delete
  20. I think it's ok lang if you are into non-permanent tats. There are still some dangers kasi of having a permanent tat done on you.

    ReplyDelete