Sunday, May 20, 2012

Dhow Dinner Cruise, Dubai



Imagine yourself cruising in the chilly night of Dubai, in the open air upper deck of a wooden dhow, under the moonlight with live music, Arabian entertainment, sweet conversation and a hearty international buffet dinner. What could be better than that? What is Dubai trip without enjoying their famous dhow dinner cruise?

My Dubai based friend made sure we tried this dinner cruise and I am glad we did. Except that it is really difficult to predict Dubai weather early March, and we had a super chilly night! brrrrrr!! But we won't allow experiencing the cruise inside the air-conditioned lower deck, nah... it's not the same ambiance when you're on the upper deck. So I'd rather enjoy the open deck in spite of the cold weather than spoil the experience.

Night photography wasn't easy even if we are cruising at a low speed, it is just so difficult to get a good night shot without a sturdy tripod. So pardon me for sharing just a few shots:

Lower deck:

upper deck:

the amazing view:

And of course the company (with my friend and her mom):

For a price idea and package inclusion, check this link.




Pin It


17 comments:

  1. I just travelled with you! I ate the same dinner, looked at the same ambiance, breath the same air and took the same photos!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .... mmmm, been here before.. but this time, I am now capturing the scenery in my mind.. and putting it in my vision board! :))

      Delete
  2. This is something I was not able to do when I lived in UAE for half a year :( How I wish I could visit again soon. I miss the culture and ol' friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are nice scenes in Dubai for a dinner cruise. Among the places I visited, I got to cruise in Saigon and Paris and it was nice to see the views too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! looks romantic! i agree, ang ganda ganda ng views, why stay down under? how was the food?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got good shots here. Love the ambiance too, looks romantic and unwinding...
    I get more enchanted after seeing the view from the cruise.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow... seems like your trying everything good in life, v... enjoying the best... that's good. Yahweh bless

    ReplyDelete
  7. the view is superb, i wish i could visit this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sure looks like you've seen the best of what can be seen all over.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! it looks like you had fun. it was a lovely evening. I would like to try that. I hope I can have the chance to go to Dubai.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely upper deck view. It look so relaxing for a night to spend with.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This place called DUBAI and cruising...
    so enchanting and captivating!
    the night seems to be tranquil
    but full of LIFE with the bright
    colorful lights around the place.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. it is very nice good to know that

    ReplyDelete
  14. it look very nice nice view from the dhow
    Desert Safari Dubai
    dhow cruise dubai

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dhow Cruise is an fascinating way to have a wonderful day out.

    ReplyDelete