Monday, April 9, 2012

Logos Hope: World's largest floating Book Fair

Logos Hope finally reopens at Subic!!! Entrance fee of only P10 from November 20 to December 2 only!! So hurry up guys, don't miss it this time..

Are you a book lover? What if I say that with a chance to purchase books from a selection of more than 5,000 book titles at a very cheap price , plus a chance to be on board a very unique ship,  you would be supporting a charitable christian organization in their objective to "bring knowledge, help and hope to the people of the world"? Yes you can by supporting Logos Hope.  Yesterday was the last day of Logos Hope in Subic so we make sure not to miss this chance. Logos Hope will be  docking next in Indonesia then Thailand.

Logos Hope is non-profit organization, it is a community of 400 unpaid volunteers from over 45 different countries  who works together to realize the organization's vision. They also seek to provide aid and relief in needy situations in every port that they visit. The fund coming from the sale of their books and their souvenir items plus donations and sponsorships is the one they're using to run this unique ship and supporting their objectives.


Check some of their latest community projects through this link.     

Check their track record: (taken from their official website)  

Pin It


22 comments:

  1. sayang di kami umabot when I found out nasa Subic na sila..

    ReplyDelete
  2. that huge notes are really cute,

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! this is great.. hope they could visit manila again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heard about them the 1st time , a really unique way to draw attention to the importance of books , hoping they come to India sometime .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed this the last time they were here in Manila. I wanted to go badly but pressing commitments stopped me from going.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome! I have never seen anything like that before. Thanks for the great pics and information!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Logos. I have actually met some of their volunteers before and we have just toured them in Vigan when they set foot up north.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've heard about this book-ship-store but never got a chance to visit it, laging wala ako sa timing...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow. I miss this a lot. I don't know if this is the same boat but when I was a kid in Cebu, we visited a floating book fair too twice. They had an amazingly huge collection of books. Unfortunately, they never seem to want to visit Mindanao where I am now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a pity that a book lover like me hasn't even take a glimpse of the ship. Sad...sad...sad!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. well hope nest year they will dock here in Manila!

    http://legazpifabmoda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!
    Huge and full of informative books.
    FLOATING!
    Quite unique idea for this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. gusto kong mapuntahan toh, :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd love to check the books there. (if given the chance)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love reading books, I hope that they will pass by here in aBu Dhabi..

    ReplyDelete
  17. I only got to read about this on their last day in Manila! >.< Super sayang talaga. I hope they return to Manila next year.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I remember now, during my college days, pumunta din ito sa Legazpi City, But I haven't got the chance to visit them.. hopefully, I crossed my fingers.. next time na punta nila, Manila naman.. i will never pass this chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. There was once happened in our city too :-) what a great way to explore the ship and buy books for everybody :-)

    http://www.homecookingwithjessy.com/peach-my-new-favorite-ice-cream-flavor/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good! and I love this blog

    ReplyDelete