Friday, April 13, 2012

Diniwid Beach, Boracay Island - a Hidden Gem


Do you want a quieter beach from White Beach at no extra cost? Well then start walking! Be adventurous and traverse that man-made footpath  and you will be rewarded with a good exercise, a picturesque scenery, and a 200- meter long shoreline of Diniwid  Beach where you will enjoy peace and privacy away from the crowded and busy White Beach.

Footpath from White Beach to Diniwid


I booked a hotel at Station 3, so imagine walking from end to end of White Beach beneath the scorching sun, that's about 4 kilometers! It took me one and a half hours to reach the other end which includes occasional rest and of course taking pictures.  

The view on the way to Diniwid from White Beach




 Welcome to Diniwid..


At the edge of Diniwid is this beautiful resort which according to the locals is owned by Manny Pacquiao:




So is it worth the  3 hours walk back and forth for me? Definitely yes! And I will do it again and again! With this beauty for free  who am I to complain ? 



So when you get the chance and you are on a tight budget and no extra fund for island hopping, start walking and enjoy tranquility at Diniwid Beach.


Check my blog also of other must visit places in Boracay:

-White Beach
- Puka Beach
-Crystal Cove/ Laurel Island


Pin It


12 comments:

  1. How beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maganda nga daw ang Diniwid beach! Once pa lang ako nakapunta ng boracay I hope sa susunod e mapasyalan din namin yan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 kilometers? hingalin ka talaga niyan mam. anyway, that is good for the heart. Pero, teka, underneath a scorching heat could lead you to dehydration. :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeah muntik na nga ako mag passed out.. hehe. kaya umabot ako ng more than an hour I need to sit down and rest muna, moral lesson, book a hotel at least in station 2 para mas malapit.. ;))

      Delete
  4. The scenery beautiful! I always design to visit Boracay but until now I haven'y been in that island. 'Wag daw maging dayuhan sa sariling bansa... this reality strike me.

    I like that building sculptured on the cliff-side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kababata who happened to be one of the members of team Pacquiao said they spent 10 days in Boracay@ Manny Pacquiao's beach resort and another 5 days in Misibis. Whew, sarap naman love ko talaga ang beach kailan kaya ako magiging member ng Team Pacquiao. Anyway mas okay for me ang sand ng station 1 at na experience ko rin lakarin station1 to 3 noon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gusto ko talaga pumunta dyan! kaso wala pang bugdet! haha soon! Nice photos btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are so beautiful place, I am always envy you, making these place was like hopingin the neighborhood

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow!! I was so amazed with this resort.. What a beautiful place to have a vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ang gandaaaaaa! never been to boracay yet! but this will be sooooo worth the 3 hour walk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it is Ms Gemma! actually if no stops then madali lang sya kaya mo siguro ng 45minutes 1 way.. hehe anlayo pa din ano? but well worth it! ;)

      Delete
  10. Boracay is such a beautiful paradise indeed. I'm just amazed on how the engineers and architects used several architectural house plans to come up with this kind of resort. I wish I could come back to Boracay soon.

    ReplyDelete