Sunday, March 25, 2012

Vivi's First Elephant Ride at Ubud, Bali Indonesia


Elephants are the  largest living land animals. We can see them often in a zoo or sad to say, a  circus. They are calm and gentle nature despite their size.  

Have you tried riding an elephant? I had my chance so many times but I keep on saying no,  I even missed my chance of exploring Angkor Archaeological Park riding an elephant, that would have been a great way to explore an ancient place. One reason is that I'm scared of heights and secondly I don't know what to expect, I always fear the unknown. Elephant Park at Ubud was included in our Bali Tour package so off we go, my companion loves to try riding  an elephant  I don't know how she did it but she was able to convince me to try it too!

Checkout my first elephant ride photos:

seatbelt on!

yey I'm riding an elephant!
then comes my first shower....

Pls ignore my facial expression, I think I smelled so bad the elephant showered me with more water.. haha or maybe that is his way of teasing me to let me know that they are not scary!


then check this out!! Cool right?

Sometimes It's good to just set aside your fear and try things, you'll never know, maybe it is not that bad! You may even end up realizing that there is nothing to be scared of...




Pin It


15 comments:

  1. Enjoyed both the post AND the expressions ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting naman yan! Nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice experience! I wouldn't miss the chance to ride on an elephant when I get to Bali. I think that would be exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I would love to experience an elephant ride too. :) Like you, I'm scared of heights but sometimes so I have also missed opportunities in Thailand and Cambodia. :( But it'r great how you were able to bypass your fears and enjoyed the nice ride. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so much fun, I've always wanted to ride on an elephant. I know despite their size they're gentle, but then naughty too from the looks of it. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. pretty cooL! i wanna try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cool..i wanna try this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That elephant is so amazing! I'm your new follower, hoping you do the same at http://www.gastronomybyjoy.com/, Liked your FB page also, see you around

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so love elephants and you've had a great experience with one of them. Good for you! My only hope is that these elephants are well taken cared of and are not overworked.

    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so cool! :D I've seen elephants before, but I hope I get to ride on one some time soon.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Violy, I like your travels, very extensive. What's your work? haha. napatanung. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks!!! Naku I'm just an office staff... ;)

      Delete
  12. I want to try this! Looks fun but i'm scared! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. glad to hear you are happy to visit our island, i hope you can back again next time to Bali Indonesia to try other things...

    ReplyDelete