Sunday, March 4, 2012

Vivi's Dubai Desert Safari Adventure at Hatta, Oman Rd.


 Dubai Desert Safari Adventure at Hatta, Oman Rd.

What's a trip to the Middle East without enjoying the desert? It was #1 on my list for my 1 week vacation to Dubai.  My friend arranged a Desert Safari Adventure at Hatta, Oman Rd., our assigned tour guide picked us up from the hotel at 3p.m, the package includes dune bashing (quad bike rental is at extra cost), free camel ride  after an interesting Arabian night dinner and a free henna tattoo (of course I got one!). The show ended at around 9:30p.m. and we were sent off at our agreed drop off point. 

 Dubai Desert Safari Adventure at Hatta, Oman Rd.

The only vehicles cruising the desert when I went there: Quad bikes, Toyota Land Cruisers and... a Hummer!
 Dubai Desert Safari Adventure at Hatta, Oman Rd.

I don't really have expectations I just want the tour to surprise me and I got more than that! I was perspiring all over and I was shouting "OMG OMG" at the top of my voice with everyone in the car laughing at me!! haha.. Well, I don't like roller coaster rides and that's how It was for me plus my worry that our car will topple over.. hehe. But it was quite an adventure! 

Check some photos I have taken.. sorry It wasn't that good after all that shouting and perspiring at least I was able to take a few shots.. haha 

Dune Bashing:
 Dubai Desert Safari Adventure at Hatta, Oman Rd.
we are at the hands of this well trained driver... In Dubai the Dunes Drivers have a special license given by the government and according to our Driver it wasn't easy to get one.

 Dubai Desert Safari Adventure at Hatta, Oman Rd.

 Dubai Desert Safari Adventure at Hatta, Oman Rd.
 Dubai Desert Safari Adventure at Hatta, Oman Rd.

A moment to enjoy the Desert:

 Dubai Desert Safari Adventure at Hatta, Oman Rd.
we got our chance too to just sit down and enjoy the desert..
 Dubai Desert Safari Adventure at Hatta, Oman Rd.
I'm in the middle of the desert! yey!!

Camel Ride:
 Dubai Desert Safari Adventure at Hatta, Oman Rd.
camel ride!!
 Dubai Desert Safari Adventure at Hatta, Oman Rd.

Arabian Night-  Dinner and of course the entertainment!

 Dubai Desert Safari Adventure at Hatta, Oman Rd.
 Dubai Desert Safari Adventure at Hatta, Oman Rd.
 Dubai Desert Safari Adventure at Hatta, Oman Rd.
There are a lot of tours available to suit your budget, you can even have a Dubai Hummer Safari... I saw a lot on our trip and and that is quite  ride for sure!!  For more information and just to have a general idea about the tours they are offering and the price range you can check this one: http://www.arabiahorizons.com/Dubai-Desert-Safari/

I'm not sure if I'm willing to try that Dune Bashing again I'm already telling you it's not for the fainted heart!! Maybe one stressful afternoon is enough for me.. haha but I will surely treasure the experience! I was scared to death but I had fun!


Check also my other Dubai posts:
- Burj Khalifa, Dubai - The Tallest manmade structure in the world
- The Dubai Fountain, one of the world's most spectacular fountain
- Jumeirah Open Beach, Dubai
- Ski Dubai, the first Indoor Ski Resort in the Middle East
- Atlantis The Palm, Dubai
- Souk Madinat Jumeirah, The Hidden Gem of Dubai


Pin It


55 comments:

  1. how i wish i could visit a desert and ride a camel in the near future :>
    cool post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Athena! yeah unforgettable sumakay ng camel.. hehe everytime na tatayo sya and uupo para kang nakasakay sa roller coaster.. hehe

      Delete
  2. Grabe lang!! I have been living here in Dubai for the past 16 years and honest to God, I still haven't experienced this! I need to do this soon. Thanks for reminding me. Hihihi

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow to the camel ride!
    and the bikes!
    I wanna drive one!
    nice tour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. woow! Dubai really amazes me..i love those sand prints.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your photos. My friends who had visited Dubai in the past told me that a visit to Dubai will not be complete unless you try the Desert Safari Adventure. If I was not operated on ruptured brain aneurysm I will be more than willing to try that one hell of a ride in the desert. I am glad that you are with your mom. Nothing beats the memory you make with your parents. Nice Camel ride!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok na kahit walang Dune Bashing. I just want a camel ride! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe yeah you should try it... halos lahat ng ladies maingay sa kakasigaw nakakagulat kasi pag tatayo na sya and uupo para kang nakasakay ng roller coaster din.. hehe

      Delete
  7. Oh! I love the photos! I love most the Desert Safari Adventure. It looks challenging...I wanna meet a camel too :)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So desert can ne nice too. Parang hindi ka talaga mag-susurvive diyan no. Imagine no water, no food and the heat!!! Buti nalang for fun and adventure lang siya.

    My big LOVE to the Arabian Nights. Wanna see those sexy girls shaking their belly overtime hahaah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pero alam mo malamig dun they have winter e, but can't imagine going to the desert ng summer gosh dami ka dapat dalang water.. hehe

      Delete
  9. Wow! Your photos made me want to add Dubai to my travel bucket list. The contrast of the colors of the dunes and the vehicles is very appealing. Nice shots! And I want to ride the camel too. hehe. They look cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Violy - I miss your post. Dubai na man ang trip mo ha. Welcome back to ComEx. Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jenny!! Yeah ako din na miss ko blog hopping!! ;)

      Delete
  11. Ang galeng nung photos dun sa desert. Sand palang, panalo na. I want to shoot some photos there, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah and alam mo every place different color ang sand, may dark red, may light orange, may off white... amazing!

      Delete
  12. Gusto ko ng lumipad sa Dubai. Now na. LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. There is a similar desert adventure in Iloco - the sand dunes. But I think mas hard core yan. Gusto kong try!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pwede mag order ng kahit isang week lang na trip sa DUBAI?? Ang ganda2x! NAKAKA-INGGIT!!!! Lucky you, Ms. Violy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Novie!! go go go ka na din!! ;)

      Delete
  15. I always thought that it was just normal for people in Dubai to drive their 4x4's in the dessert. I'm sure you enjoyed your vacation! =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. feeling ko pag ako ung nagtry safari adventure d nako lalabas nang buhay! ahahha pero love all your shots. it made me feel tlga kung ano nramdaman mo habang nsa loob ka. ahah! by the way ung girl na nagddance sarap cguro panoorin nun ...para kcng natural cla kapag sumasayaw. :) thanks for sharing your adventure in dubai. hope mkapapunta rin ako! ayih! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very thrilling as I see your pictures, your desert safari adventure. I was wondering why the sand is orange. Why? How does the sand from the desert differ from that of the sand in the seashore? I'm just curious! You've a nice, enjoyable adventure and night with the belly dancer. Am I right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sir Gil, actually sir I'm also surprised, their sand is different in texture and color per location. Near the city the sand is off white, some shade of light gray, some location it's yellowish, some light orange and some place almost red! Surprising too coz its so soft! sarap maglakad ng naka paa.. haha and pinong pino sya... their belly dancers have
      "bellies" hehe.. i was expecting super sexy dancers! haha but they are all good dancers.. ;)

      Delete
  18. if ever i have a chance to go there, ayaw ko try yung dune bashing, i'm not fan of rides especially roller coaster, feeling ko buwis buhay. hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ang sosyal!!! :)

    First thing that came to mind was the movie Sex and the City Part 2. :)
    Hopefully makapunta ako diyan :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. In desolation, there is beauty and tranquility. All things being equal, providing you have enough water and shade, the desert can be ca very meditative place:) NICE SHOTS:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kahit sa panaginip, sana mapuntahan ko sya. Btw, were you able to get a photo of a desert sunset? ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. unfortunately hindi...;( lagi kasing foggy I even experienced sandstorm nung first day ko dun... hehe

      Delete
  23. my friend says that dune bashing is more scary than the scariest roller coaster. i don't want to think about it. i only rode the roller coaster once in my lifetime and would never ever try again. so i don't think i would enjoy this. but would love to visit the Desert someday...

    visiting via FBW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so true!! I dont think I will do it again.. hehe tama na ang minsan! grabe ang pawis ko at stress! haha ;))

      Delete
  24. oooh a camel! sooo nice to ride one day on 'em :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the photos, especially the ones you took in the desert.. :) I wish I can experience a tour in the desert too. It seems so fun and exciting.. And it's actually one of my secret (not a secret anymore) wishes to have a photoshoot in the desert.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. OM! Desert! Hope I could go there and experience the camel ride and what not! You had fun for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I super love staring into ALL desert. One of the best experiences of my life in China. Love your pics!

    Mel of http://guiltlessgetaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is definitely one on my list, if ever I get a chance to go to Dubai. =)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I forgot to mention how I love your photos...were you the one taking them while dune bashing. How does one do that?

    I was riding the cable car from Vivo City to Sentosa and I was just clicking the camera without really focusing on anything. I was that afraid. hehe. I'm afraid of heights.

    ReplyDelete
  30. i really really like those footsteps...

    ReplyDelete
  31. the sand looks like a curry powder to me ;) very nice place! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  32. The one thing to remember about your Dubai Desert Safari is that you do not have to spend all of your time in a hotel.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Enjoyed the virtual tour.... wonder when i can get the opportunity to do this myself. Thanks Violy.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow! Great photos! Such a beautiful place. :) I wish I'll get to ride camels too, someday

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful photos! I've been her for six years but never had the chance to watch a real Belly Dance show. We went Dune bashing a few years back along with other Filipino off-roaders and camped at night in the middle of the desert. but like you, I do not wish to try dune bashing again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah that was scary! hindi na kaya ng powers ko ang second time.. hihimatayin na ako.. haha ;))

      Delete
  36. interesting blog. It would be great if you can provide more details about it. Thanks you

    Training Courses Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  37. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  38. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  39. It feels good to see how other people including westerns are visiting Arabic lands and they admire it.

    desert safari Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  40. interesting blog. It would be great if you can provide more details about it. Thanks you.
    I forgot to mention how I love your photos...were you the one taking them while dune bashing. How does one do that?
    Desert safari

    ReplyDelete
  41. Enjoy the Thrill and Excitement of a unique Desert Safari Dubai Tour with us. On this trip indulge yourself a Dual treat of Adventure and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  42. People have been making the plans for visiting Dubai for enjoying the Quad Bike Tour Dubai with their friends and families.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Enjoy the Quad Bike Tour In Dubai with the Morning Desert Safari Dubai at cheap and affordable rates either individually or in groups.

    ReplyDelete
  44. People have been planning their trips to Dubai for experiencing different adventures of the desert safari in dubai.

    ReplyDelete