Saturday, September 8, 2012

Hidden Lagoon : Hidden Paradise at Coron, Palawan

Hidden Lagoon was originally not in our Coron Ultimate Tour itinerary. Due to the dispute between the Tagbanua people and the local government regarding  "tourist fees", Twin Lagoon which should be one of our destination was temporarily closed pending settlement of the dispute. As a replacement, our tour agency brought us to Hidden Lagoon, I will never know the difference, because this place is also a paradise!


It has been raining since the day I arrived in Coron , but the rain won't stop us form having fun, its not everyday that we'll have this chance to expirience this paradise on earth.

It is never easy to takes good pictures when its raining, I am not so happy with my shots but I hope you will still enjoy them:




I love nature trips like this, but the funny part is that I don't know how to swim! hehe.. I grew up beside the sea, and literally spent all my life loving the beach but I have never dared myself to learn how to swim! So I don't go anywhere without my bestfriend.. a life vest!


And another funny part about me is that, it is my doctor's order for me to stay out of the water. Why? I just had a ruptured eardrum surgery 3 years ago, against doctor's order I went snorkeling in Bali a year after and it got ruptured again. Did not go for another surgery but I visited a doctor a few months ago and my eardrum healed on its own! Which is a miracle for me because according to science at my age, it won't heal as fast as when we are younger. The doctor said it is still soft so make sure not to do some snorkeling again.. don't worry I did not, but I have my ways of enjoying Coron....



Tips in island hopping or touring anyplace with unpredictable weather:

1) bring a waterproof bag, you need to secure your things, you need to keep your camera, cell phone, your wallet and your towel dry! 
2) Bring a lot of Ziploc. We went to Kayangan Lake and you have to climb so how can you  bring your camera when the rain is incessantly pouring? Ziploc! very cheap and a best friend of every traveler.
2)  bring a bottle of water, most of the time free drinks goes with the free lunch not all throughout the tour and you have no where to buy it when you are in the middle of the sea!
3) bring a basic emergency kit, one of our companion had an encounter with the sea urchins and good thing one of us brought a rubbing alcohol
4) bring some bread / snacks for the fish feeding session... and for you! You will need it after all that time spent swimming, believe me.
5) Most important of all, Enjoy!!


 
I am not done with you yet Coron!  See you soon... my paradise.



Pin It


39 comments:

  1. Coron is really a paradise and it doesn't run out of attractions to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the photos itself, it's the lost Eden... Beautiful and peaceful...:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. Kaya Kahit maulan enjoy pa din! Parang lost in the jungle ang drama.. ;)

      Delete
  3. this is a nice alternative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I haven't been to Hidden Lagoon but we went to the Twin Lagoons. It's sad to know about the tribesmen's dispute with the local government, I hope this gets fixed soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm dying to go to Coron! I must go there in this lifetime. I like going to "hidden" places.
    Oh, it's good your eardrum healed after the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pepper, stubborn lang ako talaga, if I followed doc's order maybe I can do snorkeling by now. So for now I need to be patient. ;) yeah do visit Coron, you will surely love it, ;)

      Delete
  6. I love the photos. Ang ganda nga pala ng Coron.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Going there this December to dive. I;m glad there are other things to do there! Yey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey vi! I never thought you're hot and sexy, haha.
    Coron is very stunning but you stand out, still! :)
    Gosh! The emerald waters remind me of the Abra River during summer before the pollution got worse :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. ^ Idol sa taas. ang mga linya, hands down.

    nice photos Vivi! Mag-iipon muna para makapag Palawan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice place, for me your shots is good and clear. I wish na makarating din ako sa Coron Palawan :-).

    ReplyDelete
  11. What is it to be here? haha! Heavy heart on this side of the archipelago. I want to get myself tanned in the amazing slash heaven slash breathtaking slash undefined splendid Coron.

    ReplyDelete
  12. No matter how often I see the photos of Coron, it still beautiful to see.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Even though m not fond of water this place is very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. berdeng-berde ang kapaligiran... pati yung tubig may pagkaberde rin... it's greener in the Philippines...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Coron a place of serenity and relaxation. I love the water,as you can see in your photos very tempting. Parang nagsasabi.."JUMP KA NAH ..LIGO NAh...what are you waiting for?."

    ReplyDelete
  16. My friend has told ne plenty of stories about Coron's Natural beauty. This summer nga naka-sched ako na pumunta dyan. Indeed , a paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey violy! May I suggest a handy bag that you can bring with you anywhere, especially during your travels? You can invest on a Dry Sac. You can find some choices at Toby's and Travel Club. I got mine from TC for less than P700. It's super handy especially for tours that may include water activities ü

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah nag check na nga ako, kaso very expensive yung nakikita ko e.. libo. hehe. Badly needed nga, very useful. Sige check ko sa Toby's and Travel CLub. Thanks Mai!

      Delete
  18. Amazing the place is so reserved looks virgin, I hoped it stays green forever

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ang ganda talaga dito, sayangthis place was not included in our tour =(
    Nadagdagan na naman a reason ko to go back to Coron =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. the stunning limestone formations bounded by lush and verdant vegetation and the clear aquamarine waters teemed with abundant marine life makes the lagoon of Coron as one of the best tourist spots in the country.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The more I read posts about Coron, the more I get obsessed wanting to go there. :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Coron is just stunning and perfect, isn't it? My buddies at Offbeat Travel (check out their Facebook page) just recently began offering tours to Coron. The pictures are breath-taking and makes me hate Manila a tiny little bit :P

    ReplyDelete
  23. Omgeee. Para paradise talaga ang Coron. After my El Nido trip this year, I am planning to go here next! Weeee :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG Ganda ng mga photos taz raw pa! Green is truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Puerto Princesa on one blog, Coron on the other, makes me want to book a flight now.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a wonderful place! You are right, a paradise! Yes in going to a place like this we should bring those very important stuffs to secure everything.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The rain was not bad at all, it's not the usual Coron photos that you will see and that made them unique and beautiful Great job. I really love Coron. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I definitely love to go back to Coron, the first time I went I do not have a good camera so the memories remain in my mind the second time of visit I would want to capture those beautiful and scenic places like the photos here...

    ReplyDelete
  29. looking at the pics, this place surely looks paradise... the water is so clean and it is green all around. lovely place... :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. This place is already in my to-go place this year or at least early next yr. Thanks for sharing your experience here.

    ReplyDelete
  31. spell envious!!!!! meeee!!! would love to see your paradise too!!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  32. wow. the photos are breathtaking. tipong nakaka-tempt mg-ipon para makapag-relax :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I super like the first photo. The greenery reflects on the water and may I ask if it's you in the picture, lying prone? It's a good shot!

    ReplyDelete
  34. It's gonna be my first time in Palawan soon! excited! so beautiful!!!1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it is!! Naku I'm excited na for you!! You will surely love Coron. I just went to Puerto Princesa last month for my honeymoon made me homesick for Coron.. hehe. Hoping too I can come back here with my hubby naman next time. ;)

      Delete
  35. I started missing Coron...today i'll be going back to the place where i belong. I am seriously fonded with it's beauty except for the person who handled our tour. Raquel Wenceslao ( boatmen calls her MANGKUKULAM na kinaiinisan ng lahat because of her physical characteristic and behavior as well). I really don't think she's capable enough to handle guests because she has no business ethics. Her services??? ewk!

    ReplyDelete