Monday, September 17, 2012

Legoland, Malaysia - First Legoland in Asia and First International Park in Malaysia



Legoland is finally in Asia! This is the 6th Legoland Park  in the world and first one in Asia. The park has opened on September 15, 2012 and I was lucky enough to be there on the second day of  their opening! Yey!

I visited my boyfriend in Singapore and I made sure to include Legoland in our itinerary since this theme park is nearer to Singapore than in Kuala Lumpur. I bought our tickets online via AirasiaRedTix.com which cost us Rm143 per pax inclusive of booking fee and I located the nearest coach service from our hotel and selected WTS  Travel which is located at the ground floor of Singapore Flyer, fee is SGD$20.00 Per Person (Adult / Child) Including:
- Two way coach transfer Singapore Flyer – LEGOLAND Malaysia – Singapore Flyer
RM5.00 Meal Voucher (LEGOLAND Meal Voucher)
- Coach Travel Insurance
Travel time from SG is around 1 and 1/2 hours (inclusive of SG and Malaysia immigration clearing at the border), 5 hours by bus from KL. You can also  take the public transport, please check details below under "How to get here"

Some Teaser Photos:
Lego Kingdom and Roller Coaster Ride ( that I don't think I will ever try again!  Nah, I'm always scared of heights anyway.. hehe )

The park is divided up into seven themed areas. The Beginning, The Lego Technic, The Lego Kingdom (2nd and 3rd picture above), Imagination, Land of Adventure, Miniland  and Lego City. So brace yourself! The kids will surely enjoy the day and parents should have the super powers to run here and there watching the kids try all the fun rides and exciting activities in store for them! But don't pout  because the park has everything for everyone!!

A part of "Imagination", a place to be for those fascinated by research and experimentation

Legoland offers a 4D movie shows too which for me is the best part of the park next to Miniland (since I am not fond of "rides"). Watch all the shows if you can! It's a MUST and so much fun!








Land of Adventure -  Dino's Island

Pharaoh's Revenge, a part of  "Land of Adventure"

MINILAND- The centerpiece of the park, and for me the best part! Explore the world from Gulliver's perspective.

Lego version of Singapore's Port Area


yes, those boats too are made of Lego bricks
Just a teaser of what MINILAND can offer.. this is their version of  Taj Mahal
Check other icons of Asia showcased in Miniland:
- Petronas Towers and Suria KLCC of Malaysia
- The Great Wall of China
- Singapore Flyer, Merlion Park, Fullerton Hotel, Riverside Point, Singapore Port
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport
- Floating Temple of Myanmar
- Putrajaya of Malaysia
- Johor Bahru, Malaysia
- Wat Arun of Thailand
- Angkor Wat of Cambodia


Expect more pictures per area soon!

HOW TO GET HERE (from Legoland's official website):

Via Private car:

From the North-South Highway / Senai Airport
- Take Tuas / Nusajaya / Pontian / Tanjung Pelepas EXIT 253 > Proceed to Nusajaya EXIT 312 > LEGOLAND® Malaysia signage will lead you to the destination!

From Johor Bahru / CIQ / Singapore via the Coastal Highway
- From Danga Bay, proceed straight via the Coastal Highway > Proceed all the way to Nusajaya > LEGOLAND Malaysia will be seen before reaching Kota Iskandar.

From Singapore via the Tuas Second Link
- Proceed until you see the Nusajaya EXIT 312 > You will see LEGOLAND Malaysia signage

GPS: 1º 28’ 80" N 103º 35’ 30" E

Via Bus or Private Coach:  Please check this link.


For more info, please visit their main website:   http://www.legoland.com.my/




 

Pin It


27 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, we know now what to expect there. 5 hours kasi byahe from KL to Legoland. We'll spend my bday here soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's great, enjoy your Bday! Around 1 hr sya from SG but of course pila pa sa immigration let's say minimum 1 and 1/2 Hours but still better than 5 hours bus ride from KL. enjoy legoland! ;)

      Delete
  2. I was extremely jealous when you first posted your legoland photos in FB and would really want to go there real soon. I grew up playing lego and we usually tried to outdo each other with our creations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah for sure you will love their Miniland.. Come visit soon. ;)

      Delete
  3. I'm going to SG on Thursday and thought of going to Legoland. Is it worth it? I'm also going to Universal kasi so I don't know if 2 theme parks would be good in just 5 days hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is! Kaso you have to spare 1 day here unless you have a private car, public transport 5pm ang first departure sa afternoon, maybe because they are just starting. And Napakainit and not much shade pa kasi yung mga trees kakatanim palang.. Hehe. Bring RM too Wala oa silang money changer, sa loob ng park ok to pay in SG sa labas can't even buy water they won't accept any currency e Wala naman silang money changer. ;(

      Delete
  4. I have three things I'm excited for: to visit my boyfriend, to celebrate my birthday, and to go to Legoland! 18 days na lang! Will be spending 2 days lang and will cover four sites, 1 day in SG and 1 day in Legoland, patayang itinerary na naman. Hehe. Naexcite ako sa roller coaster na yan, sana mas malupit kesa sa Battlestar Galactica ng Universal. Hehe.^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Naku Di talaga ako mahilig sa rides takot ako sa heights e.. Heje. Enjoy your trip soon! Can't wait to read your adventures. And of course enjoy your time with your bf, so SG based din pala sya pareho tayo! ;)

      Delete
  5. thanks, we're going here next year! And SG is the way to go pala mas malapit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah closer sya sa SG than KL, enjoy Legoland! For sure by then malalaki na yung mga bagong tanim na puno right now kasi napakainit konti pa ang sisilungan.. ;)

      Delete
  6. Wow,hope to visit the place too with my whole family! Great photos you have here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ang lucky mo naman talaga. Seems a great place to see. Next year pupunta rin kami riyan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir! Yah you should, after Universal Eto naman.. ;)

      Delete
  8. Hello my dear,

    Thx do much for your support. Gladly follow you :)

    Kisses,

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I so envy you Violy, I am always fascinated with LEGO and now you are one of the first to witness a life size or even giant LEGO Structures come to life =)

    Glad to know that it's nearer via Singapore at least we can go there when I bring my nieces to Universal Studios. I have to start saving more he he he he =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, is there full of people to wait for the Shuttle bus at Singapore flyer? thx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, is there full of people to wait for the shuttle bus at Singapore flyer? thx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Car Yuen, actually you can purchase the tickets online, they have trips Every 30 minutes from 8:30 To 12 noon. You can also buy tickets there but they will wait for everyone with reservations first before they give you a seat. So better if you will book online earlier. Check their website or at least give them a call if you have any questions, www.wtsTravel.com.sg hope that helps. ;)

      Delete
  12. Yes!Legoland in Malaysia, Good news for Asian countries, now they don't have to go to far away Legoaland.

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome ala sa pinas alang ganito olats talaga tayu palagi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wala din tayo sa Miniland, Kahit Sana Rice Terraces o Boracay or Bohol, kaso Wala. ;(

      Delete
  14. coool! ganto yung mga places na gusto ko puntahan haha! theme parks! love this :)
    Rovie
    The Bargain Doll

    ReplyDelete
  15. A wonderful place to visit, hope to tour this place this year so I can visit my sis too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW THIS IS AMAZING!!!! hahahahah I've always love Lego even as a kid! I think it going there will be such an awesome experience for me too. Hahaha Like you, I'm not so fond of rides because I get dizzy easily but the Lego structures are enough to make me happy :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah OMG we tried the ride at legoland Kingdom feeling ko talaga I will die na! Hehe.. Was praying real hard for it to end soon.. ;)) but I enjoyed their MIniland. Mainit Lang yung area ng MIniland in the middle of the park kasi and not much shades available but I don't care I enjoyed pa din Kahit na umitim.. Hehe ;)

      Delete
    2. Hahahahhahaha I think I would be the same! Last time i rode a rollercoaster, i was screaming so hard I really thought i was gonna die! It wasn't even a long rollercoaster ride ha! :)) Are the movies / shows you mentioned about lego too?

      Delete
  17. omg! this is so cute! I love leggos when I was a kid! and Im sure if ever ma-visit ko tong place na to someday.. sobrang mgeenjoy ako.. genius!

    ReplyDelete