Sunday, July 15, 2012

16 Best Places to see in the Eternal City of Rome , Italy (Part 2)

Ciao! Here's the continuation of my top 16 best places you should not miss when you visit  Rome, Italy.

Previous  #1 to #6

7) Arch of the Constantine - a 25m high monument built in AD315 to mark the victory of Constantine over Maxentius at Pons Milvius. This is located just a stone throw away from the  Colloseum.

Arch of the Constantine, Rome, Italy


8) Monumento Nazionale a Vittorio Emanuele II- is a monument built to honor Victor Emmanuel, the first king of a unified Italy located between the Piazza Venezia and the Capitoline Hill. At the base of the structure is the museum of Italian Reunification, don't just take pictures in front of the Monument, the  museum is also a must-see!

Monumento Nazionale a Vittorio Emanuele II, Rome, Italy


9) Palazzo Venezia - is a palace located near Capitoline Hill. It was initially called Palace of St Mark because it was constructed  as the residence of the cardinals appointed to the Church of San Marco. It now houses the National Museum of the Palazzo Venezia.Rome.

Palazzo Venezia, Rome Italy

10) Musei Capitolini -   is the  most ancient publicly owned museums in the world, it dates back to 1471, when Pope Sixtus IV donated a group of bronze statues of great symbolic value to the People of Rome. The collections in the museum are closely linked to the city of Rome, and most of the exhibits come from the city itself.

Musei Capitolini , Rome, Italy

11) Piazza del Popolo - a large urban square in Rome. The name in modern Italian literally means "People's Square".

Piazza del Popolo , Rome Italy

12) Piazza de Spagna and the Fontana dela Barcaccia Piazza di Spagna (Spanish Square), the square home to the famous Spanish Steps, Trinità dei Monti church, an obelisk and a Baroque fountain, is one of the most popular meeting places in Rome. The square draws crowds of both visitors and locals alike.

Piazza de Spagna and the Fontana dela Barcaccia, Rome Italy


13) Basilica di Santa Maria in Aracoeli - or  Basilica of Saint Mary of the Altar of Heaven (English), constructed during the 13th century  is still designated as the church of the city council of Rome and roman people.


Basilica di Santa Maria in Aracoeli - or  Basilica of Saint Mary of the Altar of Heaven, Rome Italy

 14) Trevi Fountain - the most famous and the most beautiful fountain in all of Rome. This impressive monument dominates the small Trevi square located in the Quirinale district.

Trevi Fountain , Rome Italy
photo taken from SolitaryWanderer.com

15)   Spanish Steps and Trinita dei Monte Chuch the widest staircase in Europe and a great venue to just sit down and people watch.


  Spanish Steps and Trinita dei Monte Chuch , Rome Italy

16) Vatican Museum- is one of the greatest museums in the world, displays collections built up by the Roman Catholic Church throughout the centuries, including some of the most renowned classical sculptures and most important masterpieces of Renaissance art in the world.

Vatican Museum, Rome, Italy
check out this hand painted ceiling inside the Vatican Museum, enchanting right?
The many charms of this famous city awaits to be explored and one trip is not enough to see and explore everything. I have been there twice and at both times is this insatiable need to explore more. Just walking their streets and strolling through their secluded piazzas you will discover that there are so many layers of stories there to tell, which is enough to entice you to come back for more .. oh yes so much more!

So are you ready for Rome? Because the Eternal City is waiting for you..


Safety Warning: In Rome you will see a lot of police everywhere patrolling their streets and public places which is scary at first because you will think that the place is dangerous. According to their statistics, they have plenty of reported scams, bag/purse snatching and pickpocketing,  victims of course are tourists. So make sure to secure all your valuables while walking around Rome. But don't let this scare you, plan well and have fun!


Page      1      2



Pin It


21 comments:

  1. The scenes in Angels and Demon keep popping back into my mind from your post. Rome indeed has a lot to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that obelisk is really familiar to me hmmm .. now i know , scene from dan brown's angels and demons... i really envy people who were able to visit europe, wish i could do the same . keep on posting, love the entry :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rome is really a place to visit when you are in Italy. But for me only one place comes to mind if I will be given a chance to visit Italy, it will be the Vatican where the Pope lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my the Piazza del Popolo reminded me of certain stuff on Dan Brown's Novel; angels and demons. Would love to set food on these wonderful places. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not yet ready for Rome, financially, lol... But, my mom and I dream of going there someday. When I was in Italy, (not my own expense ha, it was for a company training) we were based in Milan, Rome was relatively farther. My work buddies and I were only able to sneak in a weekend trip to Venice by train. I kept promising to myself to visit Rome next time. Your post just reminded me of that dream. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, you guys are so lucky to travel all over the world. I hope to visit Italy someday and see the beautiful photos here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks beaufiful! I was supposed to go to Italy when I was in the army, and it never happened. My boyfriends brother and sister-in-law were stationed there for three or four years in the Navy and they loved it! They are now in states and have been for the last few months. I keep hearing how much they miss some of the food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Rome is worth a visit you will surely love the place. I don't like their pasta too much, coz I prefer the sweet style pasta sauce we Filipinos love, but I am missing their pizza! The serving is so huge! One slice is enough for my whole dinner and so cheap! ;)

      Delete
  8. I am not a fan of traveling but I do know Italy and how to appreciate the good stuff. For some reason, I have a hard time of leaving this country, haha.. Nasanay na kasi cguro.. but from the bottom of my heart.. Sana, one day.. I can visit them as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is where I would want to bring my family someday. Thanks for sharing prang tinransport moko to Italy <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to travel to Rome someday sis Violy! I particularly like to go to the Arch of the Constantine, Trevi Fountain and Vatican Museum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you should Cha! You would certainly love it there.. ;)

      Delete
  11. I love to go to ROME someday! BTW, it's nice to see fellow Pinoy here. I am now following you through GFC and G+. I just shared my Clozette Fashion Finds on my blog. If you have a minute, I would love to hear your comment and maybe follow me? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. More than the beauty of those places, what caught my eye was your dress! I love it :) I almost thought I was reading a fashion blog :)

    I would love to see those places in this lifetime...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful places, hopefully we can go there for vacation,

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really should plot my visit to Rome. If I only had the time...

    ReplyDelete
  15. the hand painted ceiling is really awesome! to pay a visit to Vatican is in my bucket list, hope to be there in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Shame on me, Rome is not on the top of my list of cities to visit :/ though it's quiet near where I live, I really should review my list and give it a visit hihi, great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Arch of the Constantine reminds me so much of the Arc de Triumph in Paris. Makes me wonder if Napoleon used the Arch of the Constantine as his basis.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The only place I love to visit is the Coliseum. I really find it so fascinating just like the movie Gladiator :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. All majestic! Oh when will I visit these sites...

    ReplyDelete