Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Romantic city of Venice, Italy




Do you believe in fairy tales? Visit Venice and you will, this is the Mecca for the hopeless romantics like me. Venice is indeed one of the most alluring cities in the world, there’s an unexplainable magic in the air and you wouldn’t mind getting lost exploring its mysterious passageways, why? Because every corner that you’ll go, you fill find beauty, history and romance.



Venice is on the northeast coast of Italy in the Veneto region. This place was the last leg of our 7 days tour of Northern Italy originating from Rome. It is well known as the Floating City, and world famous for its canals; it has 121 islets linked by 435 bridges, famous also for its stunning architecture and artworks. Venice ranks #3 Best Destination in Italy according to Trip Advisor‘s Traveler’s Choice for 2012. The best way to explore this city? What else than by foot and of course their famous Gondola!


When Aleah of Solitary Wanderer sent me an email inviting me to participate in this blog carnival, my eyes sparkled! Well, like I said I am a hopeless romantic. Unfortunately I just had my honeymoon last month and Europe was sadly way beyond our wedding budget.  But I am still hoping to be able to bring my hubby here in the near future. Would love to have our nth honeymoon here and fall in love again... and again!



Unfortunately even during the summer, Venice is just so crowded. It would be difficult to walk straight especially at San Marco Square which is quite disappointing but it is what it is. You have to love Venice for what it can offer. This may not be the place I would love to stay for long, but it is still a must-visit in this lifetime and undeniably one of the most romantic cities in the world!



You can read more here (my previous post of Venice).



 This is my entry for Carnival of Europe hosted by Aleah Taboclaon at Solitary Wanderer 
with the theme "Most Romantic Places in Europe".


Pin It


7 comments:

  1. Yey! :) Next time he'll be with you there and it will be more romantic! Love love love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah hope so!! but with the baby coming ewan lang kung ma afford pa! hehe.. sana! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how I wish I can also go to Venice and feel the romantic ambiance that the whole place has.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have been to venice italy as well as milan, como lake, and eurorail pass through the countryside of italy. venice is a cute little city, and the others are luxurious. i have also been to rome when i was 12. it is very cultural and historic. yeah, it would be fun and romantic to visit all these italian cities again, especially on a honeymoon or romantic vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Venice too. I was only there for a day but I really enjoyed exploring its small sidestreets, the one away from the tourists!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Venice too. Hope we can go back there :) Thanks for joining the blog carnival!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful choice to go on vacation, congrats! I am glad you spent a great time there!

    ReplyDelete