Monday, August 20, 2012

A Relaxing dip at Maquinit Hot Spring, Coron, Palawan

Coron is all about physical activities, snorkeling, scuba diving, mountain trekking and endless walk. What could be more relaxing at the end of a strenuous day than a dip in their famous hot springs to de-stress?

Maquinit Hot Spring is accessible around 20 minutes from the city center. You can hail a taxi for around P300 round trip (the driver will wait for you), or you can rent a bicycle (P350 for 3 hours), or a private vehicle ( but expect rough road).  

I rented a tricycle, and I pity the driver.. haha. I was thinking I should have just rented a bicycle!

Entrance fee is P150 with unlimited hours of stay and use of their picnic tables, restroom/dressing room are also available.  Food and drinks are not allowed inside but they have a sari-sari store for your needs.

At the entrance, this is what  you will see, and the mangroves on the right.

We went here the first day after we conquered Mt Tapyas, after that climb, this place is definitely heaven! But we arrived late around 6pm with non-stop rain so I was not able to take good photos. I promised myself I will come back before I leave Coron, so I did. Let me share some of my photos:



What's amazing with traveling is meeting new friends. This is the day I met new friends from Davao and Rizal, thanks to Ricky of  www.journey-ni-ikoy.com/ for these 2 group photos. The trip was more memorable because of you guys, thanks for the fun and hope to meet you again.. till next time!


The water is said to be around 40c temperature. It has been raining all throughout the day so we were advised to take it slowly, an inch dip at a time.. hehe. And boy that was really hot! But relaxing indeed!


So what are you waiting for? Travel now! Maquinit Hot Spring is waiting for you...



Pin It


11 comments:

  1. Hot springs! Now that is a must-try. Amazing shots you've got there, Vivs. Just goes to show this place really is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Maricel! Yeah I told myself I will not allow my self to leave this place without good photos so I came back.. hehe. thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. I just saw this place featured at a local tv channel. This is one good place to unwind. Hope to be here some time ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wooden bridge! classic! The place look so neat. I love springs din :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ganda nung bridge! I would always love to stay and have some time in this kind of relaxing environment:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Violy, thank you for mentioning my blog in this post. Hope will meet again in one of our future trips =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow..the pictures look interesting. I love to visit the place

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was also able to try this in Coron and I was really refreshed after the visit at Mt Maquinit hot springs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh when can I visit Palawan. Please wait for me Maquinit Hot Spring :) I love nature trips like this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to Coron for 5 days in December (Cebu Pac sale, P440 round trip!) thinking only of diving there. Now I have another thing to add in my itinerary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice area. it looks like a resort spa in nature, great for meditation as well as a once-a-year getaway for rejuvenation of the body, mind and soul.

    ReplyDelete