Friday, November 23, 2012

Vivi's Random Ramblings turns 1!

at King's Palace, Ubud, Bali Indonesia
My blog is now 1 yr old! Yey! With 119 posts,  3k comments, 144k page views (with almost 2 months of dry spell.. Hehe, sorry got busy with some personal stuff ),  consistent good ranking on Top Blogs, occasional direct advertisers (thank you for believing in my blog!), selling some pictures , getting featured by other bloggers, great comments from readers, numerous nominations for various awards (haven't won anything but just the thought of people recognizing your work is already something right?).  Who would have believed that my passion for traveling and photography will bring me here? I can't even imagine it!

one lazy afternoon at Poracay Resort, Porac Pampanga
Birth pains are tolerable like receiving  criticisms  to better my grammar ( hehe ) or  suggestions for me to just blog in Tagalog..(Ouch!), or comments that my pictures are not really that great (some DSLR users getting upset whenever I say I am satisfied with my bridge camera... eat my dust guys! hehe, you are free to state your opinion and I will respect them, but learn to respect mine too..)  But those are just minor birth pains, I had my share of the worst kind that almost made me deactivate my blog and hire a lawyer, my share of almost 2 weeks of non-stop personal harassment thru my blog which I'd rather not elaborate. ( the pain is still fresh guys, but I still want to thank you for stopping, sigh ).

Gold Souk, Dubai Mall
At first I was just looking for a venue to share my photos, but maintaining a photo blog is more than just pictures. I've learned a lot for the past one year and I still have so much more to learn. As long as I am enjoying it, I am staying. I'm looking forward to celebrating more anniversaries and I hope you will still be there for me, to keep on checking my grammar?? hehe. 

Putrajaya Cruise with friends
To all my supporters, thank you so much, I still have so many things in my sleeves for you, watch out for those!  To all my detractors, thank you for always teaching me that I will never be good enough because it only proves I still have so many things to learn. If I'm already perfect then what's next in life? Nothing.. Because life is about learning!  So thank you!!

Singapore, from the viewing deck of Marina Bay Sands
Timely too that my blog has just received its best anniversary gift, a nomination to be a part of the "Top 10 FBW Travel Blogs of 2012", if you believe in my blog please support it by voting for Vivi's Random Ramblings, here's the link to the site: vote here.  Thank you in advance!

As a way to thank all my supporters, all of the photos you will see in this post are photos I have not used in this blog  and some places I have not blogged about yet. Enjoy!

Putrajaya , Malaysia's Hot Air Balloon Fiesta
my Instagram shot of Subic, Philippines
Gardens by the Bay, Singapore
Ocean Adventure, Subic, Philippines
Sunway Lagoon, Malaysia
Angkor Archaeological Park, Siem Reap, Cambodia
Cameron Highland, Malaysia
Coron, Palawan, Philippines
San Antonio, Zambales, Philippines
Kintamani, Bali with magnificent panorama of
Batur Lake and active volcano.

Penang, Malaysia
Genting Highland
with cekak dancers, Indonesia
Nagsasa Cove, San Antontio, Zambales
Chin Swee Cave Temple in Genting Highlands, Malaysia
and so much more..... and more! So watch out guys. Thanks everyone for viewing! 


Pin It


25 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Happy anniversary! Vivi's Ramblings is one of my favorite travel pages. More power and cheers to more travel and adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ness! ;) yes cheers to more travel and adventure!

      Delete
  2. congratulations on your first year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My secret,I voted for you,girl.No matter what others are saying about your blogs and photographer, deadma, they just want to install negativity in your mind. Keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww thank you for your support Ms Tess! ;) greatly appreciated.

      Delete
  4. wonderful travel adventure..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Albert! I visited one of your blog to leave a comment but your captcha code is on, I can't get thru sa blogs with captcha codes. ;(. I was hoping to leave a comment in your post abt puerto princesa, I will be there in a few weeks and I'm already so excited! ;)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations and I'm really so proud of you as your schoolmate. I'm sure you'll also be a part of the top travel blogs in FBW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Franc! And I am so proud of you more! ;) cheers!

      Delete
  6. Happy one-year anniversary! You did it well for such achievement as a blogger. Congratz! More power. Godspeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sir. you are one of my inspiration. ;)

      Delete
  7. congrats VI on your blog not only that your blog is good but your attitude too more blessings to come

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris! Thanks for dropping by. ;)

      Delete
  8. Congratulations Violy on your first anniversary! I love all the pictures here and love your blog so I voted for it. Thank you also for the nomination. Good luck and more travels!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mhe-Anne! Cheers to more travels! ;)

      Delete
  9. your photographs are interesting. i enjoyed checking out your world album. i think all creative people have their own personal style, whether photography, writing, drawing, art, etc. there isn't any good or bad. it is just different style and perspectives by different individuals expressing themselves. so, continue with your passion and interests, and see where it will eventually lead you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Violy. Glad to have have met and known you. I will always be your fan. God bless =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ricky! Glad to have met you too! and looking forward crossing your path again soon. ;)

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! These kinds of milestones are awesome for bloggers to have :) I'll get there too, in about 5 months! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! and goodluck on your blogging.. enjoy the product of your hard work soon. ;)

      Delete
  13. Happy Birthday & Congratulations! Hope there never comes a chance when you even have to think about deactivating your blog.

    Blog celebrated birthday in a great way, these are some really awesome pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for dropping by! and thanks for liking my photos, greatly appreciated. I'm looking forward to posting more. watch out for those and thanks again for your support. ;)

      Delete
  14. This is really very nice information about hot balloons,The Putrajaya International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta is a home grown event that seems to have gained interest from the public and media.

    ReplyDelete